Re: [TowerTalk] stacking monobanders

To: "David Gilbert" <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] stacking monobanders
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 19:46:09 -0800 (PST)
David Gilbert wrote:

> I said "imply"because" I didn't really know if Rick's Inverted-V's were
> resonant or not, and I was referring to his situation.  I can guarantee
> 73,
> Dave  AB7E

Yes my inverted vee's were resonant.

> Al Williams wrote:
>> EZNEC does more than "imply" parasitic coupling between the different
>> inverted vee antennas.  Take a look at the current tables to see the
>> actual parasitic coupling.  The degree of coupling depends on the

Again, I had relays that opened up the feed points of the unused
antennas.  EZNEC will show voltage induced, however, a floating
quarter wave will not experience much current, and what current
it does experience will not radiate much power, because of the low
radiation resistance.  The unused antennas might as well not be
there for all practical purposes.

Rick N6RK