Re: [TowerTalk] Which thruse bearing?

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Which thruse bearing?
From: "K8RI on TowerTalk" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 20:37:46 -0500
From: "Mike Fatchett" <mike@mallardcove.com>
To: "'Bill Turner'" <dezrat@copper.net>
Cc: "'TowerTalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 4:56 PM

> Array Solutions/AN Wireless also have a nice bearing.  Yes they are worth
> the price.  The Yaesu ones are some lightweight material.  The Rohn and
> Array solutions versions are steel.

When did the ROHN TB-3 and 4 come out in steel?  I have 4 and all 4 are
heavy cast Aluminum including the one on top of the tower that was
overloaded and beat to pieces. They Aluminum castings with the races and
mounting surface machined. The other surfaces are a rough cast finish.

They are far heavier and more robust than the Yaesu.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com