Re: [TowerTalk] 80m 4-square materials

To: "'Dennis OConnor'" <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80m 4-square materials
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 12:39:18 -0500
I'd suggest 38' or 48' of the tower with a shorter "whip."  It still
works with a single set of guys at 30 or 35' - the whip will be
stronger (two 12' sections of tubing, double or triple walled if
needed) and one can easily get the resonant frequency down to the
bottom of the band.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV

ipe-extrusions.pdf

Anyway, this will leave you roughly 58"-4" tall and shy of resonant and a
0.5" tip extension and/or capacity hat will walk them on to frequency...

denny / k8do

http://mail.yahoo.com