Re: [TowerTalk] Aluminum Masts

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Aluminum Masts
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 08:00:19 -0500
Actually, if you look at the archive, there has been a lot of very good
discussion about aluminum vs steel over the years; the big lesson I took away
from that is that a lot of aluminum (wall thickness) is required to get the
same strength as steel, which increases the cost, and that the mast will still
be far more elastic than steel, which may or may not be an issue, depending on
what you are doing.

The search engine on contesting.com is an excellent way to search the archives
back a long way.

73, Pete N4ZR