Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12 EF-140 - Need Info from Users ( Current orPrevi

To: N6KI Dennis Vernacchia <n6ki_73@sbcglobal.net>,TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12 EF-140 - Need Info from Users ( Current orPrevious )
From: Hector Garcia XE2K <j_hector_garcia@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 20:09:30 -0800 (PST)

Dennis:

Your friend can take a look for the
DIS-71  from hygain,  the dipole can be configured to
be used  with a pair of relays to have 30m

W8DX write an article how to do it

this dipole is less than 300 dlls

good aluminium  and the only week point is the  joint
after the insulator , but when you know it you can add
a flexible  joint to prevent the damage in windy
areas.

I have the 2 elements and works , similar desing .

--- N6KI Dennis Vernacchia <n6ki_73@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

> A ham friend in coastal southern California area who
> is setting up a station
> with a 50 ft towr and 10 ft mast wants to put a 40
> mtr rotatable dipole
> at top of mast at 60 ft level )
> Budget and tower loading constraints  won't  allow a
> 2 el shorty forty Yagi.
>
> That said:
>
>     I would like to hear from current and previous
> Force 12 EF-140
> 40 mtr Rotatable Dipole owners ( This is the longer
> 44 ft  linear loaded
> version  )
>
> Would like to know if it held up under high wind
> condx - say,
> occasional storms up to 50 MPH winds with gusts
> spiking to 70 very
> occasionally.
> No Ice ever.
>
> If yours broke, where did it break and did you
> repair it and sleeve that
> stress point?
>
> If you were to buy a new one, would you calculate
> weakest point and
> sleeve it and
> where might that point be or just put it up as is
> from factory.
>
> Also, is there a better choice currently on the
> market for a 40 meter
> roattable dipole
> under $300 ?
>
> Advice appreciated.