Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12 EF-140 - Need Info from Users ( CurrentorPrevio

To: "N6KI Dennis Vernacchia" <n6ki_73@sbcglobal.net>,<TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12 EF-140 - Need Info from Users ( CurrentorPrevious )
From: <ersmar@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 21:37:26 -0500
Dennis:

     <Better> I can't say, as I never used an EF-140.  But I have had a CC
D-40 rotatable up on my tower since 2001.  It's SWR curve met specs (200
kHz) and the low spot on the SWR curve is just where I set it based on CC's
graphs in the manual.

     It's not very directional, but I'm supposing that's because of its
compact size - doesn't produce the typical bowtie pattern of a full-sized
dipole with deep nulls off the ends.

     FWIW.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F