Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Hauling "Cradle" advice needed

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Hauling "Cradle" advice needed
From: k1vr@juno.com
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 17:07:41 -0500

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 08:41:51 -0800 "Bill Erickson" <ericksonw@gmail.com>
writes:

> I need to move a 24 foot long (when collapsed), 2,400 pound tower.
> I can not find a rental trailer that is longer than 14 feet.

I think that flat bed tow trucks are about 24' long. One could easily
handle your 2,400 lbs., because they aredesigned to handle an automobile
or two.  There are lots of tow truck operators, and in good weather they
may not have a lot to do. You might ask around for a fixed price, which
will, no doubt, directly reflect the mileage involved.

Fred Hopengarten K1VR        hopengarten@post.harvard.edu
Six Willarch Road * Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
781/259-0088; FAX 419/858-2421
www.antennazoning.com