Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Interactions - Reradiated Noise?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Interactions - Reradiated Noise?
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 15:59:42 -0700

The receiving antennas typically used on 160m and 80m are not very
efficient (they make poor transmitting antennas), but they have good
directivity and therefore discriminate against noise coming from
unwanted directions.  If the transmitting antenna is resonant and
happens to be positioned near the front (its desired direction) of the
receiving antenna being used at the time, it captures noise from all
directions and re-radiates it to the receiving antenna, thereby
defeating its directivity.

73,
Dave   AB7E

--

Anything worth doing is worth doing to excess.