Re: [TowerTalk] dipole length adjustment

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] dipole length adjustment
From: W2RU - Bud Hippisley <W2RU@frontiernet.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 23:10:47 +0000
Jim Lux wrote:

>The loss in the tuner will be pretty much the same
>either way, and it's a heck of a lot simpler to have it at the feedpoint.

Uhhhh....I guess I don't understand the last phrase.

What's simple about getting up from the rig, walking to the coat closet,
getting my coat and hat and boots and mittens, going outside to my tuner
that's located at the feedpoint of my antenna, turning the knobs in -20
degree weather, and returning to the house where I go through the
reverse process, only to find the DX that I was going to chase has
disappeared?

Bud, W2RU