[TowerTalk] Escondido Tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Escondido Tower
From: "Kelly Johnson" <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 19:11:43 -0800
I've been asked to share the answer to this "trivia question" with the
list.  I didn't think it deserved TT bandwidth, but apparently
inquiring minds want to know.  It appears that the answer is: K6JL ex.
W6MKB.  He apparently owns the 200 ft. rotating tower I remember from
the cover of QST or CQ back in the 70's and dreamed of from the time I
saw it.  The reason I asked was that I will be going to San Diego on
business soon and thought it would be fun to drive over to Escondido
to see it if it was still up.  Apparently, it is still there.  I may
go see it just for fun.

He only has about 500 hits on QRZ.com so I guess he isn't that active anymore.

I think that end today's little tower trivia thread :-)