Re: [TowerTalk] alfa spid rotator

To: "'towertalk reflector'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] alfa spid rotator
From: "Don Moman VE6JY" <ve6jy@digitalweb.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 22:15:26 -0000
While I am not involved in the day to day shipping of the product, the
topic of custom fees has come up before and is the reason we went with
DHL for the last several years.  The shipper we previously used started
charging our customers a fee to some of the units shipped. This is not
customs duty but a charge for preparing the paperwork (brokerage fee) to
say there is no customs duty.  DHL had not been charging anything but
obviously that seems in the process of changing.  We fill out quite a
bit of paperwork to satisfy our customs, but the shipper that actually
takes the unit across the border has his paperwork to fill out as well.
Possibly the paperwork load has increased (it never gets less!) and they
too have started applying this brokerage fee to recover their costs.  We
have been overall satisfied with DHL in their performance with shipments
to the US.  It is likely something that most if not all companies will
charge for as the paperwork of shipping across borders gets more
complex.  In Canada, we have seen this cost added onto anything that
comes into the country, for many years.

73 Don
VE6JY