Re: [TowerTalk] Ham IV

To: "'Cam and Juli Hedrick'" <walnutcreek@appstate.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ham IV
From: "Julio Peralta" <jperalta@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 18:32:45 -0500
This is a common problem with the HY-Gain rotors. The wedge brake gets
jammed and you can't move the rotor.

This most times works for a CW jam short terminals 5 and 8 on the rear
of the control box and then rock the rotor back and forth. You should be
able to get the rotor to turn. If it happens in the CCW position short
terminals 4 and 6 and rock the rotor. Let me know if this works for you.

This is one of the reasons I stopped using the HY-Gain rotors. You would
think after all the time they have been on the market they would have
fixed this problem. After all they cost more than most clothes washers
and don't work near as well.

Julio, W4HY