Re: [TowerTalk] Ham IV

To: "'Cam and Juli Hedrick'" <walnutcreek@appstate.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ham IV
From: "Bill Parry" <BPARRY@RGV.RR.COM>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 19:35:16 -0600
Cam,

Usually just rocking the rotator back and forth does the trick.  I have had
the problem on my Ham-M rotators many times and this trick always works for
me. Just don't ever run your rotator all the way to the stop and let up. If
it gets hung there you can't rock it with the control. Did this too during
the CQWWDX Test! Had to put a book on the brake and rotator control and
climb the tower at midnight, in light rain and cold and rock the antenna
back and forth by hand. That taught me the lesson!

I haven't ever seen a rotator of this variety that didn't do this to some
extent. Very common.

Bill, W5VX