Re: [TowerTalk] Which rotor for a tree setup - Ham 3, Ham 4 , other

To: k2xx@swva.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Which rotor for a tree setup - Ham 3, Ham 4 , other
From: Krishna Kanakasapapathi <kkanakas@cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 09:55:24 -0500
In the case of town of Cary(NC), it is a different story. I called the director
of
building permits and inspections and informed him that i will be installing a
crankup that nests
 at 25ft with an antenna that will stay just above the roofline. If needed, it
can crankup to 50ft
 and the tower will be bracketed to the house, i was told that no permit was
needed. I was
 surprised. He said there was nothing in the building codes that needed a
permit for this setup.
 I know i will need to get that in writing once the HOA clears my way. When i
asked what he/his
office will tell folks that will call and question about the tower/antenna, he
said we will say the
 same thing - "no permit needed". I will be paying a visit to him and have an
eyeball soon.
Will also check on the tree mount at that point. I want to do it right with
absolutely no
 compromise on safety.

 My next issue would be the longevity of those rubber boots on the
 steppir and their ability to hold the fibreglass poles over time. I know i can
wind some black
 tape ontop, but will installing duct tape in parallel to the element and the
motor unit prior to
 installing the boot help with some insurance?

 Can the steppIr act as a rabbit ear to tune TV with a 50ohm to 75ohm matching
transformer.?
 You know where i am headed with this query.

73's krish w4vku