Re: [TowerTalk] Two 15m yagi stacking

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Two 15m yagi stacking
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 09:21:36 -0500
K1TTT wrote:
 >With 5 or 6 elements from here you can not
cover all of Europe without rotating them.

         I strongly disagree.  My 6 element KLM array
has a 3 dB beamwidth of about 54 degrees, which
is plenty for Europe.  K3LR, K9NS and W3LPL use even
longer booms with even narrower beamwidths, and they
seem to do well.  I may slightly adjust my azimuth
as the opening proceeds from early morning (to more
Northerly areas) to late morning (to more Southerly
areas) but this is done primarily to pick up AS and
AF multipliers than for EU rate.

http://users.vnet.net/btippett/images/W4ZV.htm

         I hold all USA records on 10m, both modes,
in CQ WW, ARRL DX and CQ WPX.  Over 21 contests, my
system has consistently beaten the average of the
top 3 MM stations on 10m, so it indeed works.

http://users.vnet.net/btippett/new_page_6.htm

                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV