Re: [TowerTalk] Tic Ring -Ring rotors - tricks of the trade

To: rf@xemaps.com, mpride@us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tic Ring -Ring rotors - tricks of the trade
From: cdoneal@comcast.net (Chuck O'Neal)
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:56:16 +0000
Howard,

That is likely caused by water freezing that got into the oil in the gearhead
drive or into the motor itself.  The seal on the output shaft is poor and
eventually water gets in to the oil in the gearbox.  I also had the motor get
some water into it and freeze as well.  Pull the motor drive assembly off and
you will find water somewhere.

Chuck...K1KW
From: "Howard Klein" <howk2@hotmail.com>