Re: [TowerTalk] 75 ohm to 50 ohm connection question

To: "Bill G. K3SV" <k3sv@pa.net>,"towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 75 ohm to 50 ohm connection question
From: ersmar@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 19:25:11 +0000
Bill:

     Two suggestions:

1.    Just put up the vertical (and appropriate radials?), connect your RG-6
extension and try it.  Worst that could happen is low antenna efficiency due to
mismatch - nothing llikely to burn up; or
2.    Put up a dipole, better yet, a couple/three dipoles for several bands and
feed them with that same RG-6 you planned on using for the vertical.  Better
match to your 75 Ohm cable and you get several bands for real cheap.

BOTTOM LINE:  Don't fret over what to do, just do it and get on the air and
have fun.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F

From: "Bill G. K3SV" <k3sv@pa.net>