[TowerTalk] Vista comment and tower question...

To: "Towertalk Reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Vista comment and tower question...
From: "Perry - K4PWO" <k4pwo@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 01:43:35 -0500
Every thing I've thrown at Vista so far has been OK.  It "plug and played"
with my jump drives, external DVD-RW drive, camera, cell phone, printer and
scanner.  I haven't tried soundcard modem software yet as I expect that may
be a problem area as most Ham soundcard software doesn't use the MS Direct
Sound API.  The system I have it on is a low end laptop (under $1K) using a
Core 2 Duo T5200 processor, I GB RAM and a 120 GB hard drive.  It uses the
Intel integrated graphics chipset for display and it "plays" the fancy
"Aero" interface fine.  As to versions, the only one to stay away from is
Vista Home Basic.  It's a waste of money.  Vista Home Premium will serve 90%
of people.

Now back to tower stuff... Can one of you "engineering" types let me know
the max wind load area for 70 mph rating of a free standing 55' Rohn 45
tower in 3 cu. yards of 1" rebar reinforced concrete (bottom section is 5'
in the concrete)?  Or is it even possible to freestand that much 45?

73 de Perry - K4PWO