Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR for C31XR

To: TowerTalk Reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR for C31XR
From: Lee Buller <k0wa@swbell.net>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 09:56:13 -0700 (PDT)

I have always been a SteppIR fan, but decided not to buy one because of the
mechanical issues present on the top of the tower...plus the reliance on
firmware and microprocessors.  Don't get me wrong...computers have their place,
but I am not sure I want it connected to the tower or a lightning rod.  To me,
the SteppIR products are great, but very breakable compared to my Force 12
C3/ED.  Since I do not climb anymore...as others have stated... I do not feel I
could maintain a SteppIR beam, therefore I went to the Force-12 antenna which
has proven to be a very good antenna.  The SWR is OK across 20-15-10 where I do
not have to use a tuner.

Again, there are no mechanical issues (other than rivets) with a Force-12 or
Bencher or any other non SteppIR antenna.  Performance of the SteppIR is
legendary...but so are the others.

Lee - K0WA

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't
have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find
any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is
Common Sense devine?