Re: [TowerTalk] stepir vs c31xr - really Mosle

To: RLVZ@aol.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] stepir vs c31xr - really Mosle
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 17:47:20 EDT

In a message dated 5/11/2007 2:33:25 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, RLVZ  writes:

>  I have purchased both of the K7LXC Yagi Reports  and look forward to
purchasing the next one!

    Tnx!

>  During the past 45 years I've used most of the  tribanders tested.  Could
it be that  the Mosleys tested had some problems?  I ask because the  Mosleys
tested in the original tribander test done by ARC listed better  gain.

    The ARC report was totally bogus and was  the impetus for us undertaking
our extensive comparison testing.

>  Also, the Mosleys I've used were  decent performers.

    Okay, you didn't ask for it but here it  is. People think Mosleys are
good antennas because:

1.    They had a 3 element trap Mosley  tribander 20 years ago and it worked
"fine". Therefore, the newer, bigger  Mosleys must work fine as well.

2.     Mosley owners have not compared  their antennas to anything.

3.    "I spent this much money on it,  therefore it must work fine."

    Like we said in our report, the Mosleys  "underperformed the
competition".

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
Champion Radio Products