Re: [TowerTalk] C31XR versus SteppIR

To: <john@kk9a.com>, <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>,"'Jim Lux'" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] C31XR versus SteppIR
From: "Mike Fatchett" <mike@mallardcove.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 16:52:14 -0600
We are not talking about monobanders built on a specific sized boom.  We are
talking about multiband antennas.  Which the C31 and SteppIR are.

The reason the 10m F/B is much lower is because the driven and the reflector
are so far apart, however you can make up much of the gain loss because you
can vary the lengths of the elements.  This is supported by a number of
antenna experts which I am not.