Re: [TowerTalk] C31XR versus SteppIR

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] C31XR versus SteppIR
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 13:38:58 -0400
Joe responded (actually shouted) this statement after I stated the following
last Friday night when comparing the subject antennas:  "The SteppIR, has no
element interaction problems because the element lengths are adjustable,
however the spacing is not adjustable and not optimum",   Since no limits
were defined, I understood his comment to mean that within the frequency
range of the SteppIR, the element spacing is irreverent.  If this is
incorrect, then Joe, W4TV, is actually agreeing with me, that the element
spacing of the SteppIR is not optimum on all bands.

John KK9A