Re: [TowerTalk] C31XR versus SteppIR

To: "Peter Voelpel" <df3kv@t-online.de>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] C31XR versus SteppIR
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 15:36:10 -0700
At 02:51 PM 5/11/2007, Peter Voelpel wrote:
>Those figures are EZNEC simulated

Which figures?

In general, decent NEC models of different antennas should be
intercomparable. "decent" being the operative word.. it takes a fair
amount of skill and work to generate good models, especially if there
are tapered elements, traps, or lumped components.  The other thing
that will definitely be an issue for a model is anything where the
feedline or other stuff is part of the antenna, whether deliberately or not.

But, for comparisons of run of the mill Yagi-Uda arrays, with
attention to segmentation and such, one should be able to get
comparative data within 1/2 dB or so.