[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [TowerTalk] A great little safety device

To: Norman J McSweyn <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] A great little safety device
From: Terry <>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 15:48:21 -0700
List-post: <>
The Gibbs is one of the original ascenders.  The problem with it for 
this use however is that you connect directly to the cam rather than to 
the body of the ascender.

73 de Terry KK6T

Norman J McSweyn wrote:
> There is a type called "Gibbs" ascenders. IIRC you can order the 
> device for the type of rope (wire, laid, kernmantle) that you're going 
> to use.
> Norm n3ykf
> Who hasn't been on belay in years.


TowerTalk mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>