Re: [TowerTalk] 25G TAKE DOWN

To: towertalk@contesting.com, n4baa@cox.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 25G TAKE DOWN
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 09:39:17 EDT

In a message dated 5/23/2007 8:37:26 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  Have a local DXer who has a 95 foot 25G tower that is NOT
safe to climb.

>  It is guyed at 30/60/90 feet and NOTHING  on top.

>  Crane is not an option...
Climbing is not  recommended...

>  What is the "Safe" method of pulling it over  or cutting it
and pulling it over?  It is out away from everything so  am
open to "safe" suggestions.

Cut the guys  on one leg - have someone hold on to the top one to stabilize
it. Cut another  top one. Cut the remaining top one. Keep cutting until
something lets go and  then stand back. The tower will be constrained by the
remaining  guys as it's falling so the fall radius will be about 30-40 feet or
approximately 1/3 of the height. The best and easiest thing to use is a 4"
hand
grinder with a thin (1/8") cutting blade on it. Will cut EHS in 3-4  seconds.

    And of course I don't have to tell you to be  careful.

Cheers & GL,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH
Cell: 206-890-4188