[TowerTalk] Single Point Ground

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Single Point Ground
From: Dave <dave.n7drk@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 07:26:46 -0700 (PDT)
I am in the process of building my station at a new QTH and have a question
about the single point ground.
I will initially be installing a Steppir on a Trylon 70' tower which is about
170 feet from the proposed shack.
The shack will be in a walkout basement room. The entry panel will be outside
of this area.
The house is serviced with underground power and phone. The nearest utility
pole is about 800 feet away. (above ground)
The utility power entry is located about 65 feet away on the opposite end of
the house from the shack. The utility uses a UFER ground.

How should I tie/route the utility ground to my single point ground. Does the
tie wire need to be routed outside and buried or can it be run through the
structure or a combination of the two? (concrete driveway and sidewalks in the
way outside)

Cheers, Dave - N7DRK