[TowerTalk] GM 9ft Roof Tower is up

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] GM 9ft Roof Tower is up
From: w7psk@w7psk.net
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 09:17:13 -0400
Thanks for all the suggestions, pictures and help.  A4S looks very sturdy and
stable up there.  Tower was dead level when we were done and mast is level
vertical.   My brother who is about 210# stood on the tower to do a couple
tweeks and he said it felt firm and not shakey.  We used 8ft 2X8s on the rafter
side and the bolts go through pressure treated 2X4s on the roof then into the
roof and into the 2x8s.   Sealed it all with roof tar sealer and it comes
through the bolt holes. also sealed around the 2X4s and on top of the tower
feet.

I Think it might last a while :).

Again thanks

Scotty W7PSK