Re: [TowerTalk] Telex 204 boom splice

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Telex 204 boom splice
From: K4RO Kirk Pickering <k4ro@k4ro.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 08:22:13 -0500
I had some issues mounting my Mosley PRO-57A in the TIC cradle.
While the boom has no truss, the bolts holding the boom splice
together naturally protruded though the bottom of the boom.
Essentially, the antenna was sitting on four bolts when placed
in the TIC cradle.  Carl sent me four pieces of 1/4" galvanized
curved shims, each about 3-4 inches long. The shims were placed
between the bolts on the boom to saddle interface. This allowed
the antenna to sit on the shims instead of the boom bolts. I've
had no problems with this arrangement so far (nine years now.)

73

-Kirk  K4RO