Re: [TowerTalk] step away from steppir, Son

To: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>,"Jan Erik Holm" <sm2ekm@telia.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] step away from steppir, Son
From: "Bob Maser" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 11:21:06 -0400
If you have a copy of YO it is very easy to see what effect element spacing
has on gain and f/b.  If you optimize it on 15 for example and then move to
20 and keep the element spacing the same as it was for 15, you will see that
only changing element lengths will significantly compromise the performance
on 20, and vice versa.  Also, I am not knowledgeable as to how the SteppIr
"optimizing" works.  Does it merely tune every element for f/b or gain or
swr?  With YO you can select what % to allocate for gain, f/b and feedpoint
impedance.  Does SteppIR's program allow the user to do this?  I honestly
don't know.

Bob  W6TR