Re: [TowerTalk] Tower ACCIDENT, engineering

To: "Doug Renwick" <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower ACCIDENT, engineering
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 12:33:31 -0700 (PDT)
This was 35 years ago, so I don't remember every detail,
but what I basically remember is that they put long
timbers under the rungs of the tower and had a bunch of
hams lifting on the ends of the timbers.  I was far
away from the base holding a guy rope, so I didn't see
the exact details of this, but it was your basic armstrong
method.  BTW, W7PHO was a top DX'er at the time who ran
a 20 meter DX net, and the club membership included many
other notables.

Rick N6RK