Re: [TowerTalk] Deed _protection_ for antennas using CC&R's

To: "'Blake Bowers'" <bbowers@mozarks.com>,"'Scott W3TX'" <superberthaguy@adelphia.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Deed _protection_ for antennas using CC&R's
From: "J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT" <w2ttt@att.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 16:00:50 -0000
Hi Folks!

In my experience, this issue of antennas and towers decreasing property
values is just noise and not supported by the facts.  It seems to be more of
a way for someone to impose their narrow sense of what they want others use
of their property.

In my neighborhood, homes that were selling for 80K twenty years ago, are
now fetching $350-500K for mostly three bedroom, 1.5 bath homes on 40 x 100
lots.  My block has 24 homes that have two basic floor plans that are just
mirror images of each other.  The ones that have been essentially
unmodified, are at the bottom of the range and the others, with additions
and major improvements fetch more.

My towers (Yes, a Rohn 25 at 45 ft and an Alumna at 40 ft) on my lot are
clearly visible to any and all to see and they have not depressed home
prices here.  Further, I got that argument along the way from a couple of
neighbors, and I just shook my head incredulously when I looked at the
purchase price of their next door neighbors' homes.  The facts simply did
not support their argument.

73,
Gordon, W2TTT