[TowerTalk] SteppIR Controller

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] SteppIR Controller
From: RLVZ@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 12:17:10 EDT

I'm wondering if SteppIR resolved the Controller conflict it had with some
radios: a couple years ago My SteppIR controller worked poorly with  a
FT-1000-MkV.  The problem was that the Controller would often switch  bands
"automatically" from the band the xceiver was on to another band of it's
choice.   The
antenna also developed a stepper motor problem so I  switched antennas and
haven't gone back to the SteppIR yet.  I'll probably  give the SteppIR another
whirl if the controller problem has been  resolved.  (at the time, SteppIR told
me the problem was common with  1000-MP's and there was no immediate fix)

73, K9OM

In a message dated 7/2/2007 9:20:58 A.M. Central Daylight Time,  wc1m@msn.com