Re: [TowerTalk] Does anybody even make the antennas they advertise?

To: "Dick Green" <wc1m@msn.com>,"'Roger (K8RI)'" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>,"'R Atkins'" <rusty_atkins@yahoo.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Does anybody even make the antennas they advertise?
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 06:01:15 -0700
At 09:43 PM 7/3/2007, Dick Green wrote:
> > Sure they do. BUT... Finished antennas take  lot of space, cost money
> > to > produce, and if they are in stock at inventory time the manufacturer
> > has to pay tax on the finished product rather than the stock tubing.
>
>Tax on inventory? The Feds don't tax inventory, only net income. Neither
>does my state (NH). We tax real estate and business profits, but not
>inventory. Are there states that actually tax inventory?

Many states do.

It's a form of property tax.  You get taxed on both real and personal
property. (personal, here, means things that are tangible, but not
real property) The tax is assessed on the value the property
possessed by the business on April first (in California, at
least).  That means fixtures, desks, chairs, paper in the printers, etc.

Like all tax things, there are mindbendingly complex rules about
what's exempt and what's not, and how to establish the valuation on
that inventory.