Re: [TowerTalk] UV Resistant Ty-Wraps?

To: "Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604" <faunt@panix.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] UV Resistant Ty-Wraps?
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 22:47:07 -0400

>I gave up on tywraps for exterior use after seeing them fall

Likewise I gave up but use a *LOT* of tape.
I run the coax up the inside the tower to keep it out of the way, and tape
the majority to one tower leg.

> apart a lot. Instead, I mostly use short lengths of #14 solid copper
> insulated wire, which come from a roll that I found in a recycling bin
> a number of years ago.  And they can be reused.

Unfortunately the tape unusually can't and my wife it very good at reminding
me to "clean up the yard" after tower work that requires removing tape<:-))

73

Roger (K8RI)