Re: [TowerTalk] Yagi designs?

To: <john@kk9a.com>, <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yagi designs?
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 22:28:22 -0400
He also admitted that his 6el design was not optimum.

The closed spaced R and D1 was a radical departure for the norm at the time.
It was several years before the concept was translated to VHF/UHF with great
success.

I spent lots of time with YO trying to improve on the 4PV and got nowhere of
any importance. That design is optimum for that boomlength for what it
offers. Adding another director improved VSWR BW but it wasnt important to
my needs. It loads fine anywhere and the gain is almost flat.

There is a whole lot more than simply looking at the element mounting
methods. For a grounded element the mounting plate also has to be
calculated. And then there is the element taper, mine went from 1 1/4" down
to 1/2". Its all covered in Jims supplements which did not get general
distribution. The antenna was a plug and play straight from his
calculations.

Carl
KM1H