Re: [TowerTalk] masts with steps

To: "Mark Beckwith" <n5ot@n5ot.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>,"Hardy Landskov" <n7rt@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] masts with steps
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 22:10:06 -0400
The steps I have here came from Create in Japan back when Orion was their US
distributor.

They are made of rebar, about 3/4" and welded to a bracket and also a
muffler clamp. All galvanized after welding. The roughness of the rebar and
galvanize makes for a secure foot and hand hold. I only bought 4 and made 2
more out of steel (instead of aluminum) angle iron as mentioned by Mark. I
guess I'll make up a few more and give it a try and not a fly!

And I used 1 7/8" HD muffler clamps. I bought a whole bunch of clamps from 1
1/4 to 3" directly from Dorman some years ago when I first started building
the W2PV yagis. Had a few others chip in to meet the minimum order. Price
was about 1/3  what the auto stores wanted.

Glad to know I'm not the only nut on here.

Carl
KM1H