Re: [TowerTalk] Base bolt depth in existing concrete

To: <K7LXC@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Base bolt depth in existing concrete
From: "Hank Lonberg" <kr7x@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 23:00:13 -0700
Steve:

Go to www dot us dot hilti dot com
        Then "products"
                Then "adhesive & mechanical anchoring"

Go to www dot powers dot com
        Then "mechanical anchors" or
                "adhesives & foam"

The info is there.

Hank / KR7X

-----Original Message-----
From: towertalk-bounces@contesting.com
[mailto:towertalk-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of
K7LXC@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2007 6:41 PM
To: towertalk@contesting.com; kr7x@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Base bolt depth in existing
concrete

In a message dated 8/2/2007 10:24:29 A.M. Pacific Daylight
Time,

>  Google "Hilti" or "Powers Fasteners" you will find all
the
information you need on epoxy adhesive bolts or  anchors.

    I did and got 3,5000,000 hits. What product do I  look
under? I don't
know what you're referring to. A specific url would be
immensely helpful.

>  Epoxy bolts are the worst thing you can  use in a
situation
where there is vibration, cyclical or pure tension  loading.
All Epoxy's creep over time with load and will quickly fail.

>  For a guyed tower base where the base is in compression
and
shear, post-installed epoxy adhesive anchor rods are
perfectly  fine.

Sheesh. I got all panicky for practically  nothing but I'd
still like to take
a look at the info. Tnx.

Cheers,
Steve      K7LXC