[TowerTalk] bx

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] bx
From: "N3PKC" <n3pkc@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 03:03:29 -0400
http://www.personal.psu.edu/jhj5012/mysterytower.html

Mike thanks for taking the time to reply.  After being pretty convinced they
weren't for shipping purposes only, further examination o my own photographs
seemed to make it pretty clear that they were in fact intended to protect the
ends during shipping.  Whether it is brand new or they were put back on for
shipment is anybody's guess.  I should have made it clearer that there are
other towers in the photos, the nested sections wrapped in plastic is a BX24
for my hygain hytower.  It's a BXsomething64 based on the 8- 8' sections.
Based on the rohn documentation is has to be a BX-64.  Interestingly, the BX-56
is the same thing minus the largest section, and a HBX-56 is the same thing
minus the smallest section.  Those HDBX-48's look like a nice tower as they
have the largest (#8) section like mine on bottom, then end with a #3.

This tower will probably go up when I have my new home built in a year or two.

In the mean time I'm looking into some 45g for height, loading, and
climbability...