[TowerTalk] re Tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] re Tower
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 01:06:37 +0000
hi Dave,

that's a real interesting way of sectionalizing a tower.   where did you get
those insulator assemblies?  the sectionalized towers I've seen before had
each leg insulated but the base pivoted.  I think ur bases in the 4 sq. are
fixed in the ground so assuming the top section can rotate some on the
single insulator, that should work great.  actually now that I think about
it, since it's r25 and not too tall with nothing mounted on it, there
probably isn't much rotational torque anyway--the other ones I was thinking
of were large AM broadcast towers with large forces ur's probably do not
experience.   ur 4 sq. must be the bomb on 80.

73

rob / k5uj

http://travel.msn.com/Articles/aboutfarecast.aspx&ocid=T001MSN25A07001