[TowerTalk] re Tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] re Tower
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 16:45:21 +0000
Those photos of the 25G takedown and the raising of the 45G were great and
well done.   The job was well done too and I know on a major project such as
that it is very very difficult to think of everything, and very easy to sit
back, look at the photos and comment.  But, having said that, I must
question the placement of the tower insulator.  It looks to me to be at
ground level and I would have misgivings about it being that close to dirt
as I'd suspect possible problems with drainage, and water pooling.  I would
have anchored the bottom of it into a concrete pier, raising it a couple of
feet above grade.

73,

rob / k5uj

Learn.Laugh.Share. Reallivemoms is right place!