Re: [TowerTalk] AEA LC-1 Isoloop

To: "Daniel Hileman" <n9wx_dan@yahoo.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] AEA LC-1 Isoloop
From: "JAMES HEADRICK" <W3CP@CHARTER.NET>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 17:53:58 -0000
Daniel,

Back in the early 1990s I used an AEA Isoloop as my 10 to 30 M antenna.
Most of the time I used it horizontal at 45 ft, but it worked mounted
vertical on a clothes line post.  The HI Q loop is amazingly good as a
radiator but is very narrow band.  Ease of precise tuning is very important,
and the old system I had was not satisfactory.  At least for me it wasn't
since I contested, hunt and peck style.

The small loop is directional; it radiates in the plane of the loop; and it
has nulls along it's axis.    It certainly is a good antenna as far as
occupying a small space is concerned. I would like to see one work before I
bought it second hand.

73, Jim w3cp