Re: [TowerTalk] Crane use for tower install

To: towertalk@contesting.com, brubin2010@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crane use for tower install
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 08:41:44 EDT

In a message dated 8/10/2007 7:53:29 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  Thank you all for the advice.  Seem like most believe  doing in "smaller
bites"  is the way to go.   Since the  first set of guys are at 31' and the
second are at 61', top at 94' . I am  now think of lifting the first 7
sections (70ft)  thereby permitting 2  guy levels to be anchored before
raising the last 30ft of the Rohn  45g.

    Why make 2 lifts when you can make 1?

>  The negative seems to be more crane time and not being able  to run the
coax
on the tower before the lift.

    That's NO negative. See, you're already trying to  violate my admonition
to only do one thing at a time. You do the cables later.

>  I am still likely to have the rotor and mast in the 30ft  lift.

    Sure. If you put the whole tower up at once, you  still have to bring the
mast up so either way you've got 2 lifts. Six of one,  half-dozen of the
other.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH