Re: [TowerTalk] KLM 40M-2B Opinions Please

To: KA9S - Jeff <ka9s@comcast.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] KLM 40M-2B Opinions Please
From: Hardy Landskov <n7rt@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 21:49:07
Jeff,
When I converted my Big Sticker over to a 3 el 30 meter beam the old boom
to element clamps lasted about a year. I got the new boom to element clamps
from DX Engineering. I am happy with them so far. They are $35 a piece but
as always you get what you pay for.
In all my years with 40 and 80 meter beams, linear loading is a waste of
time in antenna mainentance vs antenna gain...go with 4 squares.
IMHO...YMMV
73 Hardy N7RT