[TowerTalk] 2-meter yagi for SSB and CW

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 2-meter yagi for SSB and CW
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 03:34:25 -0400
I'm finally getting to the point where I'm about to try some climbing and
get some tower work done if my left leg and foot will cooperate.

The plans are to rearrange the big array so it isn't quite so big.
Currently I have the TH-5 at 100, the 7L C3I on six at 115 and a pair each
of C3i 12L 2 Meter and 11L 440 vertically polarized stacked pair for FM on
those bands at 130 feet.

Spacing will be a bit closer than I'd prefer although I don't expect to see
much interaction. The 7L C3i will be 10' above the TH5 at 110 feet and the
cross boom for the 144 and 440 arrays will be at 120 feet. I may stick in a
horizontally polarized M2-12 2-meter (~19' boom), horizontaly polarized beam
for SSB and CW on 2-meters between the 6-meter antenna and the cross boom
for the 144 and 440 arrays. This arrangement should cut down or mostly
eliminate the tremendous movement I've been getting up there in strong
winds.

I'm looking for opinions on the M2-12 or possibly better options.
For some reason this week I can only bring up the home page (no links)on the
outfit that took over the C3i operation although it was working a week or so
back.

I'd really like to find something rugged for 40,20,15,and 10 to replace the
TH-5, but no moving parts which rules out the Stepper IR series.

The LMR-400 to the 50, 144, and 440 antennas is being replaced with LMR-600
with the pigtails being LMR-600-UF.and one of LMR-400 UF.

73

Roger (K8RI)