Re: [TowerTalk] Climbing a Glen Martin RT1832 roof tower

To: Jon M Knodel <jknodel@msn.com>,Tower Forum <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Climbing a Glen Martin RT1832 roof tower
From: wa3afs@inav.net
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 10:51:11 -0400
I would tie (very securely in several places--for stability) a ladder to one of
the sides.  This would allow a
lot of the downward forces to be distributed between the roof and the tower.

I have the Glen Martin 9 foot roof tower and I have used this method several
times and I felt very
comfortable and the tower does not show any signs of the extra strain.

   -- Bruce, WA3AFS