Re: [TowerTalk] protection from UV

To: towertalk@contesting.com, stevejax@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] protection from UV
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 12:46:04 EDT

In a message dated 9/25/2007 9:03:10 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  What do people do to support feed lines on a crank-up  tower?  I have
stand-off's, but they just keep the coax from blowing  around too much and
provide no vertical support.  The coax is secured  at the top and then not
again until the grounding blocks at the base of the  tower.

        Sounds good to me, that's  the way I do it. I also tape the bundle
every foot or so to make a smooth run to  minimize any snagging.

        Speaking of which, please  be there by the tower watching it any time
it's moving. If you're not and  something gets hung up, it'll be a calamity.
I've seen a couple of them and it  ain't pretty. Or easy to fix.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH