Re: [TowerTalk] BASE REBAR and Lightning

To: "mecker@peoplepc.com" <mecker@peoplepc.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] BASE REBAR and Lightning
From: "Ron Chambers" <rwchambers@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 11:30:28 -0500
Minor comment and in very general terms: the part about rebar and its
spacing from the edge of the concrete has more to do with structural.
Concrete is great is compression and poor in tension, so rebar is added for
tension strength. And it is placed typically no more (not *minimum*) than 3"
from the edge where the tensile forces would be greatest.