Re: [TowerTalk] PL-259's

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] PL-259's
From: K2EK@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 18:32:15 EDT

Soldering on the back of the connector is easy and solid. I just finished
soldering my second bag of 100 PL-259s since January 2007. It has been a
busy summer with new phasing lines and chokes on many antenna systems at
K3LR. It takes less than 4 minutes start to finish to install a PL-259 by
soldering on the back of the connector.

I've been using the LR method for 20 years...  Works great.  I just did a
heap of connectors in the past month that way.  3 or 4 minutes start to finish.

Though to be honest...  a 3rd (or 4th) hand sure makes soldering the back end
of the connector easier.  Thanks Jackie!!   (the ever suffering YL)

73 de Bill
K2EK