Re: [TowerTalk] Series Remote Coax Switches?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Series Remote Coax Switches?
From: "Tim Rife" <trife@sirus.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 06:42:59 -0400
Tim

I am currently doing just this using the Ameritron RCS12 automatic switches.
I have one switch fairly close to the house feeding a 25g bracketed to the
house, a UST crankup about 125 feet from the house and Hytower about 300
feet from the house.  At the UST crank up, I have a second RSC12 feeding the
antennas on that tower.  The feed to the second switch at the UST is through
a port on the first RCS12.

Additionally, I use a Y cable to split the band data info from the radio to
feed both RCS12's so that antenna selection is done automatically.  I have
programmed in all the preferred antennas into the RCS12's and these are
selected as the default antennas on each band.  If I want to use a different
antenna, I put the RCS 12 into manual mode and then select the antenna I
want to use.

Thus far, I have had no problems with this approach.  It has saved me some
coax and some holes in the house.

73,

Tim
KK9T