Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted L for 160 Meters

To: TowerTalk Reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>,Mike Brown <mike@k9mi.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted L for 160 Meters
From: Gene Smar <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 18:54:31 -0500 (CDT)
Mike:

     Two questions for you to consider:

1.   Have you played around with the wire length to approach a better SWR?

2.   Have you considered shunt-feeding your tower?

     No matter which way you go, put in more radials.  With radials that short
you should approach the point of diminishing returns (leveling off of gain
improvement) at somewhere around 30 or so radials.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F